Each week so far, we have grounded ourselves in this fact: You and I have a REAL Enemy. AND as our enemy, he has a REAL plan for your life. His plan is simple, he wants to steal, kill, and destroy everything God wants to do in, thru and for you.
In 1 Peter 5:8, God tells us to “be alert and of sober mind,” watching out for the schemes of the devil who “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." The devil wants nothing more than to devour our lives, to keep us from the joy of living in a relationship with Jesus.
Satan wants no less than to bombard you with his lies, guilt, and shame, and to steal your identity of who you are in Christ. However, we are not alone. Jesus said, I will be with you always!
Today, I want to give you 6 truths to remind you of who you are in Christ!
1. YOU ARE unconditionally loved. 1 John 3:1 - "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
2. In Christ, YOU ARE completely forgiven. Rom. 8:1: "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"
3. In CHRIST, YOU ARE free. John 8:36 - So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
4. In Christ, YOU HAVE BEEN made new. 2 Cor. 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
5. Because of JESUS, YOU HAVE hope. Proverbs 23:18 - "There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."
6. In Christ, YOU HAVE a purpose. Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."